Councilor Penta and City Solicitor Rumley did such a fine job that I didn’t have to give my prepared speech.
A serious letter to City Hall follows the side note coming up right now:
Thank you also to Medford Police Chief Leo A. Sacco, Jr. for showing up tonight with other fine members of the local constabulary. That meant that the Dufus Council “President” – and the term “president” is used facetiously because we don’t recognize that individual as having any authority – had to behave himself. Which he pretty much did, so flustered was he that he couldn’t get the microphones to work and couldn’t remember there was a councilor absent, not voting in the negative.
Those voices in Paul A. Camuso’s head! He actually thought Rick Caraviello voted “no” when Caraviello was absent! Dr. Hannibal Lecter could have a field day analyzing Camuso. So could Sigmund Freud!!!
July 15, 2014
City Solicitor Mark Rumley
City Councilor Robert M. Penta
Medford City Hall
85 Geo. P Hassett Drive
Medford, MA 02155
RE: Frank Pilleri’s filings and Medford Community Cablevision, Inc.
Dear Solicitor Rumley and Councilor Penta:
Your discussion of Medford Community Cablevision, Inc. was appropriate and right on the money. And that’s the issue: the money. Frank Pilleri, Arthur Deluca and alleged “money managers” Harvey Alberg and Ronald Delucia have been dishonest with the Medford cable subscribers – from failing to find appropriate management to failing to facilitate local access.
The board of MCC TV 3 violated its agreement with the City of Medford long before the 2005 contract was signed. Hindsight being 20/20 we now hear that Mr. Pilleri had disagreements allegedly with the landlords at 40 Canal St., 5 High Street, 32 Riverside Ave and certainly at 85 George P. Hassett Drive.
Add to that the huge number of TV3 members who felt burned by Pilleri’s tactics and broken promises, the disgraceful board needs to be investigated fully and if found to be as deceptive and dishonest as embezzlers at other cable TV stations, punished to the full extent of the law.
One good example being Anthony Pope who took “only” $2,525 and was charged with grand theft by embezzlement and pleaded guilty. (Exhibit A, below).
You are giving TV3 until July 24th. You are a generous man given what they did to you personally. I am not as forgiving as you, Solicitor Rumley, so I have already initiated complaints to government oversight and national news media to look at Frank Pilleri’s idea of public access TV. You will find that it is not in line with proper access TV, as Judge Jackson-Thomas warned us back in 2009. I’m very interested in what information you receive or do not receive from Mr. Pilleri and his alleged “board of directors.” If my complaints get traction, which I am certain they will, I will be happy to share them with City Hall at the next Council meeting on August 12th. Thank you again for your hard work on behalf of the cable subscribers Solicitor Rumley (and Councilor Penta.)
Ex-Public Access TV leader facing jail time
Former head of county cable station pleads no contest to grand theft
Anthony Pope, the former head of the San Luis Obispo County Public Access television station, faces up to a year in jail for embezzling $2,525 from the station.
Pope, 55, of Arroyo Grande, pleaded no contest to a felony charge of grand theft by embezzlement, said Deputy District Attorney Jerret Gran. In addition to the jail time, the plea agreement calls for Pope to be placed on probation.
He will be sentenced in San Luis Obispo Superior Court on May 9.
Gran said Pope obtained the $2,525 last year to purchase equipment for the station. He spent only $1,600 of that money and spent the rest on personal purchases.